Executive Development Course (EDC) - Toronto
Mini-MBA for changing times
This flagship program condenses key topics from leading MBA and EMBA courses into eight high impact days. It is designed to boost your career success through a comprehensive understanding of the pillars of business: strategy, marketing, finance, negotiations and people skills.
As the “rules of the game” are changing in almost every functional area of an organization, this learning experience offers timely exposure to new techniques, tools and trends. Launched in 1949, this is Canada’s top concise management program with hundreds of participants graduating each year. Delivered in Montreal, Toronto (Mississauga), Ottawa, Calgary, Halifax and Vancouver, the format fits well with the workday of busy professionals from both private and public sectors.See a complete schedule at the bottom of this page
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Capture key learning points from an MBA without the time and cost burden
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of core management functions and how they intermix
- Receive a toolkit of insights, skills and best practices for an immediate impact on the job
- Examine best practices in leadership, engagement and coaching employees reach their potential
- Improve your ability to think strategically, understand where to go, and implement plans to get there
- Sharpen your financial literacy in order to make quality management decisions
- Understand the facets of marketing excellence, raising awareness and creating value
- Practice negotiation techniques to achieve successful, win-win outcomes
- Connect with an exceptional peer group from diverse backgrounds
Who Should Attend
This program is valuable for those in corporate, government and nonprofit sectors who want to be at their best, but haven’t had time for a full MBA or EMBA program. It also represents an opportunity for those considering an MBA who wish to “test the water” before making the full cost and time commitment. It is perfect for managers who have had exposure to one functional area and plan to move into general management responsibilities.
What is the Registration Fee?
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, comprehensive workbooks, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute. Ask us how you could qualify for a special Mini-MBA Series certificate.
Note that our programs are certified for Quebec’s 1% training obligation and the McGill Executive Institute is a qualified training provider under the Ontario and Alberta Job Grant.
Program in Detail
The program is delivered in a highly interactive, hands-on learning style by senior faculty members with corporate experience. It includes key practical insights, case studies, individual exercises, role-playing and small group work.
The Executive Development Course (EDC) is designed to meet busy schedules by taking place over eight days spread across two modules, and includes a Closing Cocktail.
Review our yearly Mini-MBA options
2016 ScheduleMODULE I
Wednesday 2 November, 09:00 - 17:00 - Opening session
Thursday 3 November, 09:00 - 17:20
Friday 4 November, 09:00 - 17:00
Saturday 5 November, 09:00 - 17:00
Wednesday 23 November, 09:00 - 17:00
Thursday 24 November, 09:00 - 17:00
Friday 25 November, 09:00 - 19:30
Saturday 26 November, 09:00 - 19:30 - Closing Cocktail and Ceremony