Project Management: From Principles to Action
Develop comprehensive skills for project success from start to finish
Planning and delivering successful projects has become a key management competency in today’s professional environment. This seminar covers essential project management competencies: managing each stage of the project lifecycle, respecting timelines and budgets, minimizing risk, executing a project roadmap, and understanding personnel issues to create effective and successful teams.
A unique aspect of the program is its hands-on, idea-sharing format, facilitated by instructors with real-world experience.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Increase your confidence in managing new projects with a focus on critical deadlines
- Develop a solid plan with all the key components and a charter to better visualize the project as a whole
- Identify the stakeholders and evaluate the feasibility of their expectations
- Define the scope through work breakdown structures
- Use tools to balance time according to resource limitations
- Manage risk and learn when to alert the team to put contingency plan into effect
- Handle conflict through effective communications
- Learn to create and motivate effective project teams
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for all managers, professionals and administrators with project responsibilities as well as those holding a project manager title. It is also useful for technical professionals working in a multi-project environment such as IT, marketing, aerospace, construction, and pharmaceutical R&D, or for financial and insurance specialists.
What is the Registration Fee?
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Note that our programs are certified for Quebec’s 1% training obligation and the McGill Executive Institute is a qualified training provider under provincial job grant programs such as the Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) which can contribute up to two-thirds of your training costs. Please contact us for more information or if you need assistance filling out the Grant Application.
Individuals wishing to maintain their Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) offered by PMI® can submit an application to receive 7 PDUs for each day of learning (subject to PMI® approval).
Program in Detail
Each component in the project management process is illustrated through integrated case study workshops. The interactive seminar format maximizes learning by encouraging participants to share experiences and ideas.
A check-in desk on the 6th floor will be open from 8:30 a.m. and the seminar will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.