Project Management: From Principles to Action
Planning and delivering successful projects has become a key management competency in today’s professional environment. This seminar covers essential project management competencies; managing each stage of the project lifecycle, respecting timelines and budgets, minimizing risk and executing a project roadmap to understanding the people issues for teamwork that lead to success.
A unique aspect of the program is its hands-on, idea-sharing format, facilitated by instructors with real-world experience.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Increase your confidence in new projects with a focus on critical deadlines
- Develop a solid plan with all the key components and a charter to better visualize the project as a whole
- Identify the stakeholders and evaluate the feasibility of their expectations
- Define the scope through work breakdown structures
- Use tools to balance time according to resource limitations
- Manage risk and learn when to alert the team to put contingency plan into effect
- Handle conflict through effective communications
- Learn how to create effective project teams and keep them motivated
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for all managers, professionals and administrators with project responsibilities as well as those holding a project manager title. It is also useful for technical professionals working in a multi-project environment such as IT, marketing, aerospace, construction, pharmaceutical R&D or financial and insurance specialists.
What is the Registration Fee?
$2295 (plus tax) for the three-day program, including facilitation by two highly-rated faculty members, comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Each component in the project management process is illustrated through integrated case study workshops. The interactive seminar format favors shared experiences and ideas between participants throughout the course in order to maximize learning.
The seminar will be held at the McGill Executive Institute located at 1001 Sherbrooke Street West (between Peel and McTavish). A check-in desk on the 6th floor will be open from 8:30 a.m. and the seminar will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.
PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Upcoming dates and registration
There are no products in your shopping cart.