Project Management: From Principles to Action
Develop comprehensive skills for project success from start to finish
Project management focuses on planning and organizing a project and its resources. This includes identifying and managing the lifecycle to be used, applying it to customer centered solutions, and efficiently guiding the team through all phases until project completion. Through proper project management, you can assure that the purpose, vision and goals of the project are sustained, while supporting the stakeholder’s tasks and objectives and complete the project on time and within budget. The participants will progress through exercises and factual case studies.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Manage projects efficiently from definition to execution and closure
- Initiate projects in a way that will enable success
- Understand and use effectively the 10 key process areas of project management
- Identify the change management needed based on the types of resistance to change
- Learn to monitor project progress and identify recovery plans to put them back on track
- Manage upcoming changes, costs, timelines and scope efficiently
- Ensuring project completion and the project’s customer acceptance
- Learn how to identify the critical path of your project and apply the "Agile" techniques to manage it better
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for professionals and managers that need to implement business solutions in any organization type: service, information management, manufacturing oriented or others.
What is the Registration Fee?
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Note that our programs are certified for Quebec’s 1% training obligation and the McGill Executive Institute is a qualified training provider under provincial job grant programs such as the Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) which can contribute up to two-thirds of your training costs. Please contact us for more information or if you need assistance filling out the Grant Application.
Individuals wishing to maintain their Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) offered by PMI® can submit an application to receive 7 PDUs for each day of learning (subject to PMI® approval).
Program in Detail
The program includes key practical insights, case studies, discussions, individual exercises and small group work. The interactive seminar format maximizes learning by encouraging participants to share experiences and ideas.
A check-in desk on the 6th floor will be open from 8:30 a.m. and the seminar will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.