Influence and Assertiveness
Elevate your power and impact to build cooperation and get results
***Please note that seminars offered after May 1, 2016 are now be priced at $1,895***
Do you have a clear goal in mind, but seek the right tools and techniques to persuade others, gain buy-in and achieve your goal in a non-aggressive and ethical way? This high-energy seminar offers you practical approaches to gain support for your ideas, network with those around you and initiate positive change up, down and across your organization.
The seminar provides managers at all levels with the tools to understand their own styles of influence and conflict resolution while also presenting strategies for adapting to the personal styles of others in order to receive the support needed to succeed.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Apply the latest persuasion techniques to ethically build cooperation and drive achievement
- Understand the critical differences between assertiveness and aggressiveness in your ability to influence and convince those around you
- Learn to adapt your influence and conflict resolution approaches to unique situations involving your peers, subordinates, boss or upper management.
- Influence others rather than respond to them in both professional and personal situations
- Eliminate reliance on formal authority as a means of changing mentalities and behaviours
- Acquire tools to immediately elevate your personal power
Who Should Attend
This program will appeal to executives, managers, and all those who wish to understand how the influence process works in order to meet needs and get your work done. Skills acquired in this program are directly applicable to leadership, management, negotiation, and sales challenges.
What is the Registration Fee?
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Note that our programs are certified for Quebec’s 1% training obligation and the McGill Executive Institute is a qualified training provider under the Canada-Ontario Job Grant.
Program in Detail
Lively discussions of best practices and the latest research, hands-on exercises, peer exchanges and reflection will enable participants to develop their influence and assertiveness skills. This seminar’s learnings complement those provided in the “Negotiating for Success” seminar.
A check-in desk on the 6th floor will be open from 8:30 a.m. and the seminar will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.