Executive Development Course (EDC) - Ottawa
This flagship program condenses key topics from leading MBA and EMBA courses into eight high impact days. It is designed to boost your career success through a comprehensive understanding of the pillars of business: strategy, marketing, financial acumen, negotiations and people skills.
As the “rules of the game” are changing in almost every functional area of an organization, this learning experience offers timely exposure to new techniques, tools and trends. Launched in 1949, this is Canada’s top concise management program with hundreds of participants graduating each year.
Now offered in Ottawa, the content is designed to be relevant for those in both private and public sectors, including small and large companies, government services and nonprofit organizations. In addition, a half-day session will be tailored on challenges specific to the public sector.See complete schedule at the bottom of this page
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Capture key learning points from an MBA without the time and cost burden
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of core management functions and how they intermix
- Receive a toolkit of insights, skills and best practices for an immediate impact on the job
- Examine best practices in leadership, engagement and helping employees reach their potential
- Improve your ability to think strategically, understand where to go and implement plans to get there
- Sharpen your financial literacy in order to make quality management decisions
- Understand the facets of marketing excellence, raising awareness and creating value
- Practice negotiation techniques to achieve successful, win-win outcomes
- Connect with an exceptional peer group from diverse backgrounds
Who Should Attend
This program is valuable for those in corporate, government and nonprofit sectors who want to be at their best, but haven’t had time for a full MBA or EMBA program. It also represents an opportunity for those considering an MBA who wish to “test the water” before making the full cost and time commitment. Perfect for managers who have only had exposure to one functional area and plan to move in to general management responsibilities.
What is the Registration Fee?
$4495 (plus tax), including facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Program in Detail
The program is delivered in a highly interactive, hands-on learning style by senior faculty members with corporate experience. It includes key practical insights, case studies, individual exercises, role-playing and small group work. Designed to meet busy schedules and conveniently offered in three locations (Montreal, Toronto Area or Ottawa), please visit our website for the latest schedule and venue details. A McGill Certificate of Completion is given at the end.
The Executive Development Course in Ottawa is designed to meet busy schedules by taking place over eight days spread across two modules including a Closing Cocktail (please see schedule at the bottom of this page for full details on the dates and times for each session).
Location to be determined
2015 ScheduleMODULE I
Wednesday 21 January, 09:00 - 17:00 - Opening session
Thursday 22 January, 09:00 - 17:00
Friday 23 January, 09:00 - 17:00
Saturday 24 January, 09:00 - 17:00
Wednesday 18 February, 09:00 - 17:00
Thursday 19 February, 09:00 - 17:00
Friday 20 February, 09:00 - 20:00
Saturday 21 February, 09:00 - 19:15 - Closing Cocktail and Ceremony
Review our yearly Mini-MBA options
Upcoming dates and registration
There are no products in your shopping cart.