Accounting and Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Master the tools for making smart financial decisions
Through this highly successful program, managers with little or no financial training or experience can learn to use the language, tools, and techniques of accounting and finance. Complex principles are presented in practical, understandable terms in a friendly, supportive environment. You will return to your organization with the confidence to analyze financial information and participate fully in making business decisions.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Read and analyze financial reports to assess customer, competitor, supplier and company performance
- Use discounted cash flow, internal rate of return, Economic Value Added, payback and break-even analysis to make better investment decisions
- Maximize shareholder value
- Understand and evaluate financing strategies
- Apply the principles of Activity-Based Costing, Target Costing and Open Book Management
- Prepare and present business cases
- Use critical numbers and the Balanced Scorecard to create a high performance organization
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for managers at all levels, including those in technical and non-financial areas seeking to make better business decisions by understanding financial information and its implications. This diversity is one of the program’s strengths: it addresses the needs and builds on the experiences of participants from all types of companies, not-for-profit organizations and government services.
What is the Registration Fee?
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, comprehensive workbooks, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Note that our programs are certified for Quebec’s 1% training obligation and the McGill Executive Institute is a qualified training provider under provincial job grant programs such as the Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) which can contribute up to two-thirds of your training costs. Please contact us for more information or if you need assistance filling out the Grant Application.
Program in Detail
The seminar leaders use a mix of lecture sessions, group exercises and class discussions to create an effective environment for learning financial tools and concepts. This seminar is filled with many examples and illustrations to use as reference point afterwards.
A check-in desk on the 6th floor will be open from 8:30 a.m. and the seminar will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.