Virtual Teams — Online
Teaming for innovation and growth
As more organizations work virtually, managers of traditional work teams are tasked with leading across locations, functions, cultures and time zones. Managers and team members require a different skill set in order to capitalize on the unique opportunities that virtual teams can bring to an organization.
In this action-learning workshop, you will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to lead virtual teams successfully. You will leave with a pragmatic set of tools and strategies to improve performance, engagement, innovation, sharing and intercultural behaviours. You will get access to a set of strategies and determine the actions you need to take in your unique context.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Discover best practices in developing or kicking off your virtual team
- Identify strategies to encourage constructive communication and mechanisms to resolve conflict
- Understand the importance of technology, what’s available and how to choose the best for your team in the context of your organization
- Understand decision making mechanisms, assigning accountabilities, building commitment including giving performance feedback
- Explore the impacts of leading across cultures and further developing cultural intelligence
This seminar is designed for any manager, supervisor or project leader as well as those moving into a context of managing remote teams. It is particularly helpful to professionals with several years of technical expertise who have been promoted into management or team leader positions. The concepts and examples are relevant to all functional areas including finance, production, marketing, sales, human resources and information technology.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive digital workbook, results-oriented exercises, and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Topics covered during the program
The Online Experience
- Flexible Format; Featuring a combination of live instructor-led sessions and self-paced, on-demand learning, content is time released to allow for the best real-time application and transfer of new skills, tools and frameworks.
- Action-Learning Approach; Content, activities and experiences are relevant and immediately applicable to your day-to-day back at work.
- Enriched Curriculum; New multimedia content created and curated to align with different learning styles.