Virtual Teams — Online
Teaming for innovation and growth
As more organizations work virtually, managers of traditional work teams are leading across locations, functions, cultures, and time zones. Managers and team members require diﬀerent skill sets to capitalize on the unique opportunities that virtual teams can bring to an organization.
In this one-day, action-learning workshop, you will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully lead virtual teams. You will leave with a pragmatic set of tools and strategies to improve performance, engagement, innovation, sharing, and intercultural behaviour. You will gain access to a set of strategies that will determine the actions you need to take in your unique context.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Discover best practices to successfully lead remote teams
- Explore intercultural challenges – relationship to power/authority, challenging others, raising issues
- Understand how sharing leadership is a powerful tool in managing remote teams
- Identify strategies and actions to overcome these challenges, in their own contexts
This seminar is designed for any manager, supervisor or project leader as well as those moving into a context of managing remote teams. It is particularly helpful to professionals with several years’ technical experience who have been promoted to positions as managers or team leaders.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive digital workbook, results-oriented exercises, and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Topics covered during the program
The Online Experience
- Flexible Format; Featuring a combination of live instructor-led sessions and self-paced, on-demand learning, content is time released to allow for the best real-time application and transfer of new skills, tools and frameworks.
- Action-Learning Approach; Content, activities and experiences are relevant and immediately applicable to your day-to-day back at work.
- Enriched Curriculum; New multimedia content created and curated to align with different learning styles.