The Resilient Manager
Build a mindset of resilience, grit and change leadership
Even with a solid grounding in people practices, managers need specific tools and methods to guide staff through today’s spectacular pace of change in business conditions and within their organizations. This seminar helps you build employee buy-in, cooperation and productivity when changes occur due to revamping outdated processes, working for a new boss, experiencing budget cuts, mergers or other sources of turmoil in a person’s work routine. It starts with practical Emotional Intelligence techniques to support the often overlooked feelings and mindset within the team, then explores approaches to helping people adapt and develop behaviours and strategies leading to breakthrough performances.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Understand the meaning of grit and resilience
- Building your resilience for times of change and showing others how to do the same
- Develop self-awareness and self-regulation for a consistent approach to management
- Acquire a manager’s toolkit for effectively leading people during times of change
- Manage your own “brand image” and leadership characteristics that nurture trust
- Building on concepts of influence to better bring about change
- Identify and develop behaviours that enable people to achieve new business objectives
- Gain insights on helpful Emotional Intelligence techniques to support people’s concerns and feelings
This program is specifically designed for executives with years of experience in management looking to develop greater professionalism and self-awareness while acquiring cutting-edge methods for managing people.
It provides a valuable follow-up for participants in our flagship Essential Management Skills seminar but it is not a pre-requisite.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Topics covered during the program
- Understanding how your mindset allows you to accept or resist change
- Understanding the seven key characteristics of grit and resilience
- Building key actions that help build the seven characteristics of resilience
- Understanding how key behaviours affect your ‘brand image’
- Defining influence using the latest neuroscience research and how you can integrate it to manage better
- Introduction – driving and resisting forces of change
- Defining organizational change
- Phases of change, from planning and communicating to managing the transition
- Driving forces and success benchmarks in change initiatives
- Recognizing the key steps and factors to manage during change
- Building and communicating a solid case for change
- Understanding the consequences of change to employees and managers
- Identifying key change behaviours linked to business results
- Building positive leadership consequences that sustain change
- Putting it all together in a clear individual development plan
A Change Agent Toolkit