Powering Growth Through EQ
Build your Emotional Intelligence with concrete tools and strategies
It is often said that “IQ gets you hired and EQ gets you promoted”.
The key to successful teams, organizations and businesses is not only in hiring the most intelligent and qualified people; it is found in the “edge” that allows them to thrive. That edge is Emotional Intelligence (EQ).
People with high EQ are able to identify, use and manage emotions well in themselves and others – and this is at the heart of leadership, productivity, wellbeing and effective relationships.
Research clearly shows that EQ is made up of a set of distinct and measurable emotional and social skills that can be learned and improved through training and practice.
In this highly acclaimed, interactive, two-day workshop, you will be introduced to a model of EQ and will be given concrete strategies and tools to help you optimize your own EQ.
We will start by building awareness of your perceptions, attitudes, interpersonal strengths and challenges and your emotional “hot buttons”. We will then examine the motives, values and drivers of your behaviour and the behaviour of others so that you will be able to communicate more effectively, manage conflict more successfully, make better decisions and cultivate more positive relationships.
Key Benefits & TakeawaysYou will:
- Understand why emotions are key
- Effectively manage your stress response
- Cultivate more productive and positive relationships
- Communicate and influence more effectively
- Learn to build high-functioning teams
- Build your personal action plan to strengthen your EQ
- Increase your team’s productivity
- Minimize conflict within your organization
- Retain top talent
- Improve the overall working culture
This program is indispensable for professionals and managers at any level including executives, project managers and team leaders, who are seeking to improve their professional and interpersonal effectiveness.
It is particularly useful for anyone moving into a new supervisory position. Skills acquired in this program are directly related to leadership, communication, influence, conflict management and teamwork.
Please note: this course was previously entitled Emotional Intelligence for Workplace Success and those who have already attended that course should not repeat this one.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Topics covered during the program:
- From IQ to EQ – understand the importance of Emotional Intelligence in effectively managing your work relationships
- Learn about EQ’s impact on productivity, success and well-being in the workplace
- Define the 5 domains of EQ and associated 15 competencies
- Work with a framework to build your self-awareness and improve your challenging relationships
- Connect with and effectively use your emotional information to make better decisions
- Identify and manage your emotions and “hot buttons” under pressure
- Understand the impact of stress on effective decision-making and how to manage it
- Learn about critical EQ skills and gain awareness of your own EQ competencies
- Experience activities and exercises designed to help you develop your EQ
- Understand the qualities of emotionally intelligent leadership
- Examine your workplace relationships
- Understand the importance of empathy in the workplace and develop your empathic leadership
- Foster increased employee satisfaction and collaboration
Deepening your Self-Awareness
Emotional Intelligence and Your Team – Deepening your Understanding of Others
- Build awareness of your own and other motivational value systems and how to work effectively together
- Understand your reactions at work
- Use your personal strengths more strategically
- Increase your flexibility in adapting to and working with others
- Communicate with and influence others more effectively
- Understand what the concepts of “achievement” and “reward” mean to different people
- Understand the different triggers that put people into conflict
- Examine your own conflict response and how to manage it
- Learn to pro-actively prevent conflict and resolve conflict when it happens
- Develop your action plan to implement the EQ skills you have learned to improve your personal and professional effectiveness
- Work one-on-one with the EQ-I 2.0 assessment
- Target and formulate a plan for optimal results
Workplace Productivity and Motivation
From Workshop to Workplace
OPTIONAL POST SEMINAR COACHING
Contact us for more details on how you can we can tailor a post-seminar coaching session to your personal or organizational needs.
This program has been approved for 13 CPD hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).