Integrated Management Thinking (IMT) — Online
Mini-MBA capstone experience for decision-makers
As the most senior-level program in McGill’s Mini-MBA series, this experience helps seasoned managers put together all the pieces of the management puzzle to handle new scenarios and make sound decisions that will help their organization grow intelligently. It is perfect for those wanting to enhance and refine their abilities in creativity and innovation, change management, strategic growth, financial acumen and entrepreneurial thinking.
How can you be a catalyst for innovation and growth given your resources, capabilities, and restrictions? Are you equipped to lead and execute change? Can you establish the readiness needed to capture opportunities on the horizon and define next steps to follow through? These questions and more will be answered in a dynamic, idea-sharing format, accompanied by outstanding professors with real-world experience.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Explore current and coming trends in leadership, innovation, finance, entrepreneurship and growth strategies
- Capture advanced-level insights often found in the final “integration” phase of leading MBA/EMBA programs
- Learn to better analyze your options and make more successful decisions for your organization
- View your business through multiple lenses, ensuring greater harmony among functions and units
- Test your ability to launch new ideas, gain buy-in and take action on projects that link all aspects of management
- Network and share ideas with an exceptional peer group from diverse industries
- Boost the equity of your LinkedIn or CV profile with a Mini-MBA Certificate of Completion
Delegates on this program are seasoned managers/executives who have at least 15 years of experience in the workplace and/or have completed the Advanced Management Course (AMC). For those who received an MBA degree seven or more years ago, this is also a perfect opportunity to update knowledge and gain exposure to late-breaking benchmarks and best practices for the years ahead.
Please contact us to make sure that this seminar is right for you.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, comprehensive digital workbooks, results-oriented exercises, and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute. Ask us how you could qualify for a special Mini-MBA Series Certificate.
Topics covered during the program
- Creating an organizational culture of innovation
- Understanding breakthrough, continuous and incremental innovation
- Value Innovation: a roadmap and tools for creating new opportunities
- Commercializing innovation
- Defining change management
- Exploring the driving forces of successful change initiatives
- Handling change anxiety
- Identifying key change behaviours linked to business results
- Sustaining change
- Convince a panel of venture capitalists that your growth strategy, new product or service idea is worth their attention
- Build a strong business case: tips and techniques
- Present with confidence and power in the boardroom
- Gain buy-in when presenting your idea
- Profit from advice for implementing your action plan back on the job
- Developing new products and services: perspectives
- Understanding growth options: organic, joint venture, alliances, M and A
- Establishing the best ratio of speed vs. quality growth (sustainability)
- Creating your new integrated business model
- Clarifying the stages of the creative thinking process
- Thinking outside the box and problem solving
- Implementing creativity and thinking skills in the workplace
- Financing and costing your innovation
- Squeezing maximum leverage from your assets and resources
- Sourcing the right types of investment capital
- Evaluating financial risk in your growth model
This program has been approved for 42 CPD hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).