Innovating Through Design Thinking — Online
Apply the power of design thinking for business growth
An organization’s ability to innovate
- whether creating seamless and enjoyable customer journeys, radically new products and services, or breakthrough business models
- is critical to long-term success. Innovation is about solving important, challenging problems in creative and value-creating ways
Design thinking is a practical toolkit for innovation that anyone can learn and apply. Innovating through design thinking represents a structured, human-centred method for creatively solving complex problems that inspire and delight users. In this program, you will learn the core principles and tools of design thinking and how to apply them across your organization to achieve innovation and growth.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Discover design thinking and the types of problems it helps solve
- Develop an empathetic mindset to understand problems from the user’s perspective
- Generate insights to reframe your understanding of a problem
- Apply ideation – rapid generation and refinement of concepts for solutions
- Move from concepts to potential solutions by prototyping
- Learn to test and validate solutions through the design thinking process
This program is designed for managers, executives, engineers, and entrepreneurs who need a toolkit for innovation. Participants will learn how to provide more impactful, advanced, and sustainable solutions for complex problems in the business world.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive digital workbook, results-oriented exercises, and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Topics covered during the program
- Core elements of design thinking
- Apply design thinking
- Three types of challenges for innovation
- Insights from extreme users
- Customer personas
- Distribution of ideas
- Toolkit for innovative ideas
- Generate tools and approaches to property test and explore ideas before going too far
- Evaluation criteria
- IDEO design thinking framework
- Understand user’s POV – immerse, observe, engage
- Solve the problems precisely
- See through new eyes
- Finalize your action plan for implementation on the job
The Online Experience
- Flexible Format; Featuring a combination of live instructor-led sessions and self-paced, on-demand learning, content is time released to allow for the best real-time application and transfer of new skills, tools and frameworks.
- Action-Learning Approach; Content, activities and experiences are relevant and immediately applicable to your day-to-day back at work.
- Enriched Curriculum; New multimedia content created and curated to align with different learning styles.