Executive Development Course (EDC) — Online
Mini-MBA for changing times
This flagship program condenses key topics from leading MBA and EMBA programs. It is designed to boost your career success through a comprehensive understanding of the pillars of business – strategy, marketing, finance, negotiations, and people skills.
As the rules of the game change for almost every functional area of an organization, this learning experience oﬀers timely exposure to new techniques, tools, and trends. Launched in 1949, this is Canada’s top concise management program, from which hundreds graduate each year. .
Delivered in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver, the format fits in well with the workday of busy professionals from both the private and public sectors.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Capture the key lessons of an MBA without the time and cost burden
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of core management functions
- Examine best practices in leadership, and in coaching employees to reach their potential
- Improve your ability to think strategically
- Sharpen your financial literacy in to make quality management decisions
- Understand the facets of marketing excellence, raising awareness, and creating value
- Practice negotiation techniques to achieve successful, win-win outcomes
This program is valuable for those in the corporate, government, and non-profit sectors who want to be at their best, but haven’t had time for an MBA or EMBA. It is also a perfect opportunity for those considering an MBA before making a commitment. It is beneficial for managers who have had exposure to one functional area and plan to move into a general management position.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, comprehensive workbooks, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks), and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute. Ask us how you could qualify for a special Mini-MBA Series Certificate.
Topics covered during the program
- Perform industry analysis
- Build a competitive advantage
- Create alignment in your organization
- Leverage future trends in your industry
- Compete for the future
- Build teams and network
- Manage for high performance
- Coach and mentor
- Deal with conflicts
- Be an eﬀective leader
- Accounting concepts
- Financial statement analysis
- Balance sheet – assets, liabilities, equity
- Income and retained earnings statements
- Statement of changes in financial position
- Behaviour of direct, indirect, fixed, and variable costs
- Break-even analysis
- Allocation of costs
- Relevant costs for decision making
- Economic value-added
- Capital budgeting (long-term investment decisions)
- Negotiate successfully – fundamental tools and approaches
- Prepare for negotiations
- Understand the stages of negotiations
- Know when and how to share strategic information
- Negotiate in teams
- Market research
- Segmentation and targeting
- Positioning and customer knowledge
- Product and service line management
- Communications and distribution channels
- Customer experience management
The Online Experience
- Flexible Format; (120 min. modules; total of 6-8 hours per week); content is time released and stretched out over time to allow for application and transfer of new skills, tools and frameworks for best outcome.
- Action-Learning Approach; Content, activities and experiences are relevant and immediately applicable to your day-to-day back at work.
- Enriched Curriculum; new multimedia content created and curated to align with different learning styles.
- Access to Alumni Network; the program fosters connection and engagement with a global peer community and program alumni.
Programs to Consider
Online Information Session
May 12, 2021 — 12:30 pm EST