Effective Leadership — Online
Organizations demand a high degree of agility, relationship building and integrity from their leaders. In this powerful 4-week online program, you will take a close look at key leadership challenges you currently face with the goal of developing strategies and an action plan to bring success. At the center of this program will be the development of vital leadership competencies needed to communicate your organization’s vision, make effective decisions with the collaboration of others, and nurture resilience and positive performance in those around you.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Understand key leadership models/behaviours and how they can fit with your style and environment
- Develop a broad, enterprise-wide view of the organization and how you can support employee engagement
- Enhance others’ perception of you as a leader with integrity
- Build a leadership toolkit to increase resilience based on seven proven competencies
- Build the right culture for people and processes to support your strategy
- Practice key skills to stimulate motivation and recognition in employees
- Learn how to shape and communicate strategy to your team and colleagues
- Leave with a clear understanding of values both personal and corporate that provide sustainability
This program is designed for current leaders at all levels as well as those aspiring to become leaders. Perfect for those who must achieve strategic results and are asking “what do great leaders do to engage and align people around them?” The content applies to all types of organizations from small businesses to multinationals.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive digital workbook, results-oriented exercises, and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Topics covered during the program
- Redefining assumptions about leadership
- Current trends - the evolving role and mindset of leaders
- Defining what exemplary leadership means for you and others
- Overview of successful leadership models and styles
- Self-evaluation of your style - Gaining personal discoveries about you as a leader
- Discovering characteristics that help your style flourish
- Matching your style to corporate culture, values and expectations
- Positioning yourself as a leader with any audience
- Applying different mixes of leadership according to the context
- Understanding human behavior, key motivators and how to influence them
- Gaining commitment and enhancing others’ perception of you as a leader with integrity
- Creating a vision to foster excellence - inspiring people toward a promising future
- Key competencies you must develop to stay on top of your game
- Managing generational expectations
- Strategizing for human capital recruitment and retention
- Building resilience and bouncing back from setbacks
- Heightening awareness for personal and organizational transformation
- Convincing different people to buy in to strategic change
- Fine-tuning and testing your leadership competencies
- Preparing your action plan to implement on the job
- Habits and processes to continually improve as a leader
The Online Experience
- Flexible Format; Featuring a combination of live instructor-led sessions and self-paced, on-demand learning, content is time released to allow for the best real-time application and transfer of new skills, tools and frameworks.
- Action-Learning Approach; Content, activities and experiences are relevant and immediately applicable to your day-to-day back at work.
- Enriched Curriculum; New multimedia content created and curated to align with different learning styles.