Relate to diverse social styles and personalities at work
The most successful leaders are experts in communication. In this popular seminar, you will learn the key competencies needed to be an eﬀective communicator. From managing diﬃcult conversations, building trust or gaining buy-in to communicating in a supportive and eﬀective way, you will take away new perspectives and tools for developing a more productive workplace. The action-based format gives you numerous opportunities to practice and refine communication skills.
Several leading companies and not-for-profit groups have required this program for their managers.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Learn to eﬀectively communicate with supervisors, peers, and/or employees
- Build high-quality relationships
- Manage diﬃcult conversations successfully
- Develop personal influence and impact
- Manage your image, credibility, and the impression you leave on others
- Control your non-verbal communication
- Establish a common approach for a civilized workplace
- Listen attentively and give constructive feedback
- Explore oﬃce team diversity and why people react as they do
This program is designed for professionals and managers at any level including executives, project managers, supervisors, and team leaders. It is a coveted program for human resource professionals and useful for individuals entering a new role.
Note that this course was previously entitled Advanced Interpersonal Business Communications and those who have already attended that course should not repeat this one.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, comprehensive workbooks, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks), and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Topics covered during the program
- Discover your personal goals
- Identify self-monitoring tendencies
- Communicate a public image so that other people see you as you would like to be seen
- Manage impressions and bridge perceptions
- Develop impression-management skills
- Create your own personal brand
- Five proven tactics to make you look good
- Proven tactics to avoid looking bad
- Define eﬀective interpersonal relationships
- Word choice – communication that makes colleagues listen
- Non-verbal expression – channels that send messages without words
- Overcome barriers to eﬀective communication
- Three simultaneous conversations that are embedded in a difficult conversation
- Strategies for managing difficult conversations
- Dealing effectively with various employee reactions
- How well do you really listen? (Self-assessment tool)
- The three components of listening
- Strategies for effective listening
This program has been approved for 13 CPD hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
Programs to Consider
Looking for the online experience?
Montreal, QC H3A 1G5
Visit our FAQ page
View all seminars
Search by Category