From full presence to maximum performance
Long-term success requires not only a deep technical skill set and knowledge but also the possession of a capability to be fully aware of oneself, one’s colleagues and an organization’s strategic issues and its macro-environment.
With the changing needs and pressures of today’s environment, making quicker and balanced-decisions while achieving maximum stakeholder buy-in is crucial to success. This challenge requires leaders to connect with themselves, their team and their organization’s situation. The ability to return to centre, to be focused yet flexible, and to better be able to manage oneself – particularly in moments of stress - is key to high productivity and performance.
Authentic leadership provides an “experiential laboratory” environment where creativity and innovation flow and new business models, competitive advantage and ways of being can emerge. Through exercises designed for observing yourself and others in action, you will learn how to create synergy and added value with diverse individuals and teams from across the organization and fulfill your leadership potential.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Create more value by being intentionally present
- Energize the performance of your team by understanding and creating the conditions for “flow”
- Shift to more intentional responses and actions
- Improve your strategic decision-making capability
- Challenge yourself, others and existing organizational strategies, processes, assumptions and mindsets
- Learn to sense, nurture and drive emerging and generative change opportunities
- Ability to clarify your intentions and communicate them persuasively
This program is designed for mid- to upper-level managers and individual contributors looking to improve capabilities in leadership, mindfulness and strategy. The content applies to all types of organizations from small businesses to multinationals in both private and public sectors. This is an excellent next step for those who have completed the Strategic Planning and Execution program (though it is not a pre-requisite to join).
Please note: this course was previously entitled Strategic Leadership and those who have already attended that course should not repeat this one.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Topics covered during the program
- The five key factors of “Emergent” strategic decision-making
- Creating synergy: 1 + 1 = 3
- Challenging yourself and others to move outside their comfort zone
- Learning from the future
- Accessing our three brains
- Understanding the Social Field
- Presence & Awareness
- An “optimum” generic strategic decision-making process
- The O-A-R Model: The Leader as Intervener
- The (new) Value Chain of the Knowledge Economy
- 360° Organization Sustainability
The Strategic Mind and Body
- The four dispositions
- Understanding individual & team “Flow”
- Influencing the Social Field
- The 4 Levels of Conversation
- Bringing more awareness and presence to your long-term outlook and short-term decision-making
- The Social Field: Creating the right conditions for flow within your organization
- The 5i Business Model Canvas
- Measuring the Social Field
- Moving to “Flow”
- Improving your Response-ability
- The 4 Levels of Listening & Speaking
- Attention & distraction
- The power of intention
- Giving & receiving powerful “gifts”: The Jo-Hari Window
- The principles of the 3-5 Strategic Horizons
- Strategy as Guiding Principles
- Rapid prototyping