From full presence to maximum performance
Long-term success requires not only a deep skill set and knowledge but also the capability of being agile within your environment. Being able to recover, remain focused and stay energized for not only yourself but also your team is key to productivity and performance. With the changing needs and pressures of today’s corporate environments, balanced-decision making is key and requires leaders to connect with themselves, their team and their organization.
Authentic leadership provides an “experiential laboratory” environment where creativity and innovation flow and new business models and competitive advantage can emerge. Through exercises designed for observing yourself and others in action, you will learn how to create synergy with diverse individuals and teams from across the organization and fulfill your leadership potential.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Create more value by being intentionally present
- Energize the performance of your team by understanding and creating the conditions for “flow”
- Shift to more intentional responses and actions
- Learn to take multi-stakeholder strategic decisions in a shorter period of time
- Challenge yourself, others and existing organizational strategies, processes, assumptions and mindsets
- Learn to sense, nurture and drive emerging and generative change opportunities
- Ability to clarify your intentions and communicate them persuasively
This program is designed for mid- to upper-level managers and individual contributors looking to improve capabilities in relational intelligence. The content applies to all types of organizations from small businesses to multinationals in both private and public sectors. This is an excellent next step for those who have completed the Strategic Planning and Execution seminar (though it is not a pre-requisite to join).
Please note: this course was previously entitled Strategic Leadership and those who have already attended that course should not repeat this one.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Topics covered during the program
- Creating synergy: the spark between the strategic and people sides of an organization
- Challenging yourself and others to move outside their comfort zone
- Learning from the past, present and future
- Revisiting the 5i strategic planning process, strategic assumptions and mindsets
- An “ideal” strategic decision-making process
- The O-A-R Model
- The five key factors of “Emergent” strategic decision-making
- Bringing more awareness and presence to your long-term outlook and short-term decision-making
- Applying the “Flow Cycle” to management, leadership and to the “day-to-day”
- The Social Field: Creating the right conditions for flow within your organization
- Accessing our three brains
- Using Contrarian assumptions
- The 4 Quadrants of sustainable value-creation
- The four dispositions
- Conversation and Decision-making as a Core Business Process
- The 5i business model canvas
- 360o organization sustainability
- Strategy as Guiding Principles
- The principles of the 3-5 Strategic Horizons
- Rapid prototyping