Performance, presence and contribution
As businesses get more conscious of their potential to positively impact society (ex. Triple Bottom Line, CSR, B Corp, Conscious Capitalism), a new leadership paradigm is emerging.
This new paradigm challenges leaders to be values-driven with a commitment to integrity, trust and genuine caring. These values guide their actions and facilitate decision-making. It takes a strong, confident and self-aware leader to navigate this new territory, to understand the expanded role of the business and to be able to inspire, uplift and mobilize their people.
This highly interactive workshop navigates the fundamentals of being an authentic leader. First, concrete examples, case studies and research help to illustrate the power of this new way of leading. Next, interactive exercises will help you understand your leadership level and what may be holding you back. This will then feed into the development of a plan to increase your level of self-mastery, self-awareness and overall levels of contribution/fulfilment.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Understand what distinguishes a truly authentic leader
- Identify and respect your own deeply held values
- The impact of fears, limiting beliefs and habitual behaviours
- Create a personal plan - maximize your creativity, mental sharpness and intuitive ability
- Create a sense of alignment and balance
- Why and how to shift from driving profits to focusing on a higher purpose
Forward thinking, open-minded executives and leaders who manage all sizes and types of businesses. This workshop is designed for leaders who are looking for a new and more inspiring way of thinking about the role of business, their role as a leader and the potential impact they can have in their organization and in society.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Topics covered during the program
- Introduction to Conscious Capitalism
- Business results and overall impact
- Long-term financial success of conscious companies
- Unique qualities of authentic leaders
- Uncovering your core values, primary motivation and their influence on your leadership style
- Shifting from me to we, power to empowerment
- From self to society and back
- Physical wellness (exercise, diet, sleep, meditation)
- Financial health
- Emotional wellness/intelligence
- How are you contributing and leveraging your strengths?
- Adopting a role model mentality
- Defining purpose, vision, mission, values and culture
- Conscious hiring and employee engagement
- Priority of effort – how can you/your organization contribute?
- Small, local vs. major, global
- Review your strengths and areas of development
- Evaluate and explore your life & leadership assessment
- Creation of a plan to fully embrace and embody your authentic leadership role
This program has been approved for 19.5 CPD hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).