Advanced Management Course (AMC) — Online
Mini-MBA for experienced managers
A proven and popular seminar for more than 50 years, this practical and highly interactive program examines management’s major disciplines in-depth and from a strategic perspective. The learning-by-doing format includes a realistic business simulation that enables you to respond concretely to complex management decisions and take away ideas that will have immediate impact on the job. This is also an opportunity to gain or renew contacts with leading management decision-makers, learn from peer storytelling, and gain new perspectives from the faculty team.
Delivered online, the format fits well with the workday of busy professionals from both the public and private sectors.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Provides a condensed and up-to-date set of advanced management practices
- Enhances the ability to formulate and communicate key strategies
- Offers ideas to streamline management processes and set meaningful KPIs and goals
- Integrates late-breaking market, competitive, and organizational issues for managing change
- Includes personalized discussions with faculty that assist in implementing solutions
- Learn to apply new skills through a realistic and engaging business simulation
- Benchmark yourself and connect with peers from diverse industries/organizations
This program is designed for experienced decision-makers who manage at regional, national, and international levels. Participants require strong management experience and/or an MBA academic background. This program is an outstanding next step for those who have taken our Executive Development Course (EDC).
Please contact us to make sure that this seminar is right for you.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive digital workbook, results-oriented exercises, and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute. Ask us how you could qualify for a special Mini-MBA Series Certificate.
Topics covered during the program
This section employs an advanced computer simulation that challenges you to integrate, apply, and test the concepts developed during the course. You will develop strategies with your team to compete against other teams while enhancing skills in operational finance, strategic pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
Challenge ideas and explore opportunities within your organization in consultation with our course leaders. This session provides an opportunity to integrate the tools and strategies discussed in the program by applying them to your own business.
- Understand strategic issues raised by globalization processes
- Gain competitive advantage in global markets
- Initiate strategic change in large, mature organizations
- Manage innovation by balancing market risk and technological uncertainty
- Assess leadership styles and organizational approaches to strategic change
- Create strategic change in your organization
- Acquire eﬀective techniques to analyze your firm’s financial operations
- Integrate financial data with operations
- Employ activity-based management
- Apply life-cycle and target-costing methodology
- Use financial and non-financial performance indicators
- Benefit from capital investments
- Optimize organizational capabilities
Take a holistic view of key management challenges and bring all elements of your business together to create value.
- Transition from silos to cross-functional leadership
- Use business models for value creation
- Understand the interplay between strategies
Team building and presentation skills will be part of the business simulation experience.
- Strategic considerations for your tactical approaches
- Compete to win
- B2B marketing
- Marketing planning
- Eﬀective diﬀerentiation
- Brand management
- Build market leadership
- Optimize and manage all processes around your value stream
- Define benchmarks in business excellence
- Employ eﬀective operations strategy
- Understand supply chain flows
- Eﬃcient business processes – models and tools
This program has been approved for 56 CPD hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
Programs to Consider
12 weeks, 6-8 hours/week
*This session is currently at full capacity. Please contact us to be added to our waiting list.
Online Information Session
May 12, 2021 — 12:30 pm EST