Coaching and Mentoring (1-day)
Enhance your abilities as a coach and trusted mentor
The role of a coach or mentor can have a significant positive impact on people’s lives – at work, in an association or team, and even among family and friends. In fact, a great coach/mentor can help improve a company’s morale and environment by inspiring employees looking for advice and guidance.
This program will give you the tools you need to grow from being a good mentor to being a great one. Become an invaluable resource for your company and for all the individuals you help.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Learn the difference between mentoring and coaching
- Share your knowledge and experience in impactful ways
- Apply coaching to improve individual and team performance
- Enhance your ability to become a trusted advisor
- Adapt your coaching style to any situation
- Engage in eﬀective coaching conversations
- Understand your skills, motivations, and limitations
You will benefit greatly from this program if you are in a position to support training and development, transfer knowledge, develop skills, and/or implement change in the corporate structure of your company or non-profit organization.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, comprehensive workbooks, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks), and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Please note that following customer suggestions to go paperless for convenience and sustainability, program materials will be supplied in a downloadable soft copy only for all programs of the 1-day Series.
Topics covered during the program
- Coaching vs. mentoring
- Coaching styles, goals, and phases
- Coaching process and conversation
- Coaching toolkit for positive impact
- Learn to inspire and address any lack of motivation
- Overcome resistance to change
- Guide others towards appropriate action and behaviour
- Develop and implement career strategies
- Structure, enhance, and support the learning process
- Coach teams to achieve excellence
- Improve team decision-making and cohesion
- Build a collaborative environment
This program has been approved for 6.5 CPD hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
Programs to Consider
Looking for the online experience?
Montreal, QC H3A 1G5
Visit our FAQ page
View all seminars
Search by Category