Managing Conflicts and Difficult Situations
Develop practical skills to deal effectively with conflicts
Conflict is a natural, recurring and inevitable part of life at work. Every human interaction—from simple communications and exchanges of opinions to disagreements, inter-group competition, aggression or attempts at domination—contains the potential for conflict.
This highly interactive seminar helps executives at all levels take charge of and resolve conflicts or difficult situations that have a negative impact on performance, effectiveness and relationships. Participants will learn how to diagnose when and how to intervene in interpersonal or group situations in order to reduce the cost of conflicts, re-establish trust and build healthier work relationships.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Understand the emotional side of conflicts: reactions and triggers
- Recognize when intervention is needed and understand your approach to conflicts
- Learn to define the role of the manager by clarifying expectations to improve relationships
- Identify the common sources of conflict leading to a toxic workplace
- Examine the role of the mediator versus the role of the manager
- Discover the purpose of mediation and the responsibilities of the parties
- Manage inappropriate behaviours from external stakeholders (customers, contractors, suppliers)
- Practice collaborative skills to create a culture of respect and open communications
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for professionals and executives at any level, including project managers, and team leaders, as the content applies to all types of organization. It is indispensable for newly appointed or aspiring managers, human resource professionals, supervisors, and anyone seeking skills and tools to effectively deal with negative work behaviours.
What is the Registration Fee?
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Note that our programs are certified for Quebec’s 1% training obligation and the McGill Executive Institute is a qualified training provider under the Canada-Ontario Job Grant.
Program in Detail
The seminar’s comprehensive exercises will help you master techniques that will enhance your capacity to manage difficult situations effectively. By recognizing the signs of an imminent conflict and reinforcing your organization’s support in difficult times, you will be able to clarify expectations and establish necessary boundaries in order to to foster open communications leading to mutual advancement.
A check-in desk on the 6th floor will be open from 8:30 a.m. and the seminar will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.