Emotional Intelligence for Workplace Success
Build effective relationships for work productivity
How well we deal with our emotions governs how well we manage ourselves and our relationships. Emotional Intelligence (EI) - our ability to identify, use and manage emotions well – is at the heart of leadership, productivity, wellbeing and effective collaboration in the workplace and everyday life. Research clearly shows that the most effective and productive people are those with high Emotional Intelligence.
This highly interactive two-day workshop will introduce you to a model of EI and will help you to build your EI skills. We will start by building awareness of how you see and operate within the world – your perceptions, attitudes, interpersonal strengths and challenges and your emotional “hot buttons”. We will then examine the motives, values and drivers of your behavior and the behaviour of others so that you will be able to communicate more effectively, build your influence and cultivate more positive relationships.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Understand why emotions are key, what Emotional Intelligence (EI) is and how to build your EI skills
- Raise your self-awareness and identify your strengths, challenges and emotional “hot buttons” in order to manage them proactively and effectively
- Build your understanding of underlying motivations and values which drive relationships and behaviours in order to cultivate more positive relationships
- Raise your awareness of different communication styles and how to communicate more effectively to get the results you want
- Minimize conflict and increase productivity by better managing the emotional impact of office politics and working with others
- Whether in a leadership or peer position – learn to leverage your understanding of others’ strengths and needs to build high-functioning teams
- Build your confidence and ability to make better decisions
- Receive takeaway tools and strategies and build your personal action plan to strengthen your EI
Who Should Attend
This program will appeal to professionals, supervisors and managers at any level including executives, project managers and team leaders, and non-supervisory employees who wish to build their interpersonal skills.
What is the Registration Fee?
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly-rated faculty members, a comprehensive workbook, results-oriented exercises, seminar supplies, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks) and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Note that our programs are certified for Quebec’s 1% training obligation and the McGill Executive Institute is a qualified training provider under provincial job grant programs such as the Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) which can contribute up to two-thirds of your training costs. Please contact us for more information or if you need assistance filling out the Grant Application.
Individuals wishing to maintain their Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) offered by PMI® can submit an application to receive 7 PDUs for each day of learning (subject to PMI® approval).
Program in Detail
This highly interactive experience includes individual and group discussions on the latest thinking and best practices in emotional intelligence. You will be given a model of EI and a framework to better understand the importance of EI in your workplace and everyday life. Assessments will help you deepen your understanding of yourself and others; they will also enable you to probe the impact personal differences can have on work relationships and enhance your ability to manage these differences.
A check-in desk on the 6th floor will be open from 8:30 a.m. and the seminar will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.